Children's Faith Formation (Kinder - 7th Grade)
St. Monica's Faith Formation seeks to help parents and children encounter the love of God and His Church. It is within the context of the family that our children first learn who God is. To this end, we seek to help families grow in their love and knowledge of the Catholic faith by providing catechesis faithful to the teachings of the Church, faith filled catechists, formation for parents, and resources for the whole family.
St. Monica offers faith formation and sacramental preparation from Kinder - 7th grade. Children attend class in a traditional classroom setting while parents are offered the opportunity to grow in their own knowledge of the faith at the same time. Classes for children are held in English while formation for parents is held in both English and Spanish.
Classes are offered on Sunday from 3:15 - 4:45 p.m.
Please refer to the following parent booklet for more information about our Children Faith Formation program:
- Families must be registered parishioners or bring a letter from their parish giving permission to enroll in Faith Formation at St. Monica
- Register child in the program at the Church office during set registration periods.
- Submit a Copy of child's Baptismal Certificate and Birth Certificate at the time of registration. Emergency phone numbers & medical information must be provided on the registration form.
- A per child fee is requested; 80 for one child, 70 for two, 60 for three children, 57 for four children, and 50 for five children. We also request 25 dollars to help cover costs for First Holy Communion.
Registration 2018-2019 Hours
To register your child please come during the following times:
- Every Sunday in June except June 17th from 10 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. in the Church office
- Every Wednesday and Thursday in June from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. in the Church office
Volunteering as a Catechist
Monday through Friday - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. If you have any questions please call the Faith Formation Office at 214-357-8549 x.7132 or email Mariangela Byrne or email her at .