If you have been asked or are interested in serving as a RCIA Sponsor, complete the registration form below.
An RCIA sponsor is an active Catholic willing to be a companion for someone who is going through the RCIA process. The Sponsor should be someone who will be present as much as possible for the RCIA sessions, sacred rituals, and the Easter Vigil.
In accepting the responsibility of serving as Sponsor, you are indicating your willingness to fulfill your own religious obligations.
As a practicing Roman Catholic serving as a Sponsor, you are expected to:
- Be a registered & active member of your local Roman Catholic Church parish (please provide a letter signed by the parish priest)
- Attend Mass & Confession regularly and receive Sacraments frequently
- If married, must be married according to the laws of the Roman Catholic Church (no cohabitation, no common law marriage, etc…)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be a fully initiated Catholic having received the Sacraments of Confirmation and Holy Eucharist.
Catholics serving as a Sponsor assume the special responsibility of being living examples of what it means to follow Jesus Christ within the Catholic tradition.